Recently I decided to start documenting my trips, either for business or for pleasure. I really think that some small experiences here and there could come in handy for someone that has decided to visit one of the places I have visited in the past.
You see, being an author in Spotted by Locals I firmly believe in sharing your views and experiences from trips and places so that you can help others. So, topic of my first post is Lesvos! I promise that I will try to keep it short and create a rough guide that will neither force too much on you nor will it be too generic. Just some tips on top 11 things that you have to do and/or see, while on the island.
Why top-11? Cause it used to be my jersey number in basketball and cause it’s a bit better than a top-10!
We visited Lesvos (that’s the name of the entire island, while Mytilene is the name of the capital of the island) this summer and spent a bit more than a week there. Despite the ackward situation with the immigrants, we had a really good time and we were more than sad to leave. As promised, I will give you a bulleted list of the things that MUST be done while on the island, from my point of view. The list is not ordered in any way.
- Visit the museum of the Petrified forest in Sigri
- Get a coffee or preferably a cocktail at Parasol Beach Bar in Eressos
- Walk the narrow streets of Molyvos and then have some cocktails in Congas Beach Bar
- Swim in the Vatera beach – if you like the organized beach bars, head to the far left of the beach
- Swim in the Tarti beach
- Eat at Antonis’ restaurant overlooking Mytilene and the Aegean sea [trip advisor link]
- Have a coffee and taste the cheesecake in a glass at Blue Fox Cafe in Molyvos
- Walk the narrow streets of Petra and climb on the church of “Mother Mary of the rock”
- Visit the Eftalou beach and walk the path, past the baths to find the hidden beaches and tavern
- Visit both Mytilene Castle and Molyvos Castle
- Visit the Catacombs in the Skopelos village below the church of Saint Magdalene
That’s all! Could go on to suggest probably another 10 things to do, but the top-11 has to be respected, so that’s as far as I go!
This article is protected by the following CC-licence: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/