Finishing my time in the army, I rejoined Nikos Manouselis, my former colleague and mentor, to work under the supervision of Dr. Xenofon Tsilibaris for the Greek Research & Technology Network (GRNET).
My starting position in GRNET was an Assistant Project Manager, working on EU-Funded projects on e-Learning. My typical tasks on an everyday basis, included the following:
- Project management of large EU-Funded projects (reporting, payments, planning, dissemination);
- Deliverable preparation on project management, dissemination and metadata design
- Dissemination management for projects;
- Metadata design, implementation and monitoring;
- Planning and execution of project related events, like project meetings, schools, workshops and conferences;
- Submission of project proposals on the broader field of e-Learning
Overall, the time spent in GRNET, from June 2008 till December 2010, was really beneficial to me as I had the opportunity to be exposed in a series of activities that were both diverse and educative for me. From managing projects to organizing project-related events and writing deliverables and proposals, I had the opportunity to “get my hands dirty” with more thing that someone would hope for in their first significant work experience.
Photo taken from: http://pskills.ced.tuc.gr/Consortium